bckgrnd

Sunday, December 14, 2014

5 weeks Post op

Not much to talk about other than the fact that none of my clothes fit me! I may have to find a couple pairs of pants for work this weekend. I'm finally used to drinking my liquids constantly, which is something I never did before surgery. I still have a very strong gag reflex with certain smells and tastes but it is getting better. I am eating most everything as long as I chew it really well. Yesterday was my sons 3rd birthday. We had it at chucky cheese. I ate about two bites of topping from a piece of pizza. It wasn't as good as I remember, in fact most food doesn't taste the same. That is probably a good thing, but as someone who has used food as a crutch it is very traumatic and emotional. It's like losing a part of you. Sometimes I think how I would love to go out and have chips and salsa at a Mexican food restaurant. Or grab a cheeseburger without thinking twice. But unfortunately its habits like that which have forced me to make the decision to have surgery. After my sons party we went to Costco. It was a Saturday during the holidays at Costco....need I say more? Samples of every chocolate you could imagine, along with many other things I would have loved to eat before surgery. The only thing I sampled was a piece of roast. It was the first time I had tried steak. It was a bit to chewy for me so I threw it away. I didn't have a cupcake at the party although they smelled amazing and chocolate cupcakes are my favorite! I have days where my stomach is just not happy with anything, water, food, nothing! Yesterday was one of those days. Today it seems happy. Thankfully, because I have to work. Other than that I am down 47 pounds! Crazy! I started the mini pill because my periods have been awful and heavy!! I'm hoping it lessens my flow.


2 weeks til Christmas! How can that be!?

No comments:

Post a Comment