bckgrnd

Monday, August 26, 2013

Prepping and Planning

I have spent the last week making my meal plans and grocery list for the next two weeks. Thankfully my husband is on board with my "clean eating" plan. I understand that we will not be able to eat clean 100% of the time, and I am okay with that. But, I feel that even if we can dedicate ourselves 80% of the time, we will be making progress. I am hoping to cut down our grocery bill. But I'm not sure how successful I will be. Right now, I spend between $500-$600 a month on groceries. The higher amount includes toiletries, cleaners, and diapers. So if I could even reduce that by $75-$100 a month I would be happy. We function off one income, so saving every penny we can will always help us out. I am going to post my first weeks grocery list for our first week of eating clean. My fourteen year old will be heading back to school and we have decided to send her with lunches instead of her eating the schools lunch. She was constantly complaining last year that they didn't give her enough food and she would come home hungry. I feel so much better with her eating food I send her with instead of the nasty processed lunches they provide.

Although my primary goal is to eat healthy, losing weight is my second goal. So I will also be updating weight loss updates as well. I'm excited to share recipes I have in mind and my progress along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment