bckgrnd

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

9 weeks and 2 days post-op- The scale FINALLY went down

I have been concentrating on protein and veggies for the last week and it obviously helped. I had a 2# loss. I am still up 4.6 from before Christmas so I am hoping I can drop that soon. I am the closest I have been to onederland in over 4 years! Things have been hectic at home- both kids have been sick, my husbands been really sick and my son has pneumonia! Other than that I am feeling really good. I went out to eat for the first time since October- it wasn't like I remember. I had beef tenderloin medallion's with bleu cheese and a wine sauce that had mushrooms, broccoli and mashed potatoes. I at one beef medallion most of the mushrooms and couple bites of broccoli and potatoes. I was stuffed! My husband ordered Reese's peanut butter pie, I did have a bite and it was amazing but I was so full I had to stop. This is why I love my sleeve. Pre-surgery I would have polished off my entire dinner AND finished the pie. It killed me that my husband didn't eat it all and left it to be thrown out but, this is why I chose to have this surgery. These are the reasons I was overweight.


We have several trips planned this year and I am beyond excited! Before, I would have dreaded everything about traveling; would I fit in the seats on the plane? Would I need a belt extension? What about the restaurants? would I fit in the booths? And all the walking!!


We are taking the kids to Disneyland in April. Then in May my husband and I are going on a quick weekend trip to Vegas. In July I am surprising my daughter with a trip to L.A. for her 16th birthday, that will also be a quick 3 day excursion. And in August my husband and I will be going on a long awaited and much deserved week long stay in an all-inclusive resort in Mexico. Our new years resolution was to invest in memories- not "things" this year so that is what we are doing! That leaves Sept-December for more memory making.


I was thinking about a weekend trip to Seattle maybe in October and there is an awesome Bavarian town a few hours away that do some amazing Christmas light shows, so that might be great for December!


I have reached some great milestones within my VSG journey; #1 I no longer crave pop (or soda), whatever you call it where you live! #2. I am officially wearing a size 16 down from a 22!


Yay me!



No comments:

Post a Comment