bckgrnd

Monday, October 20, 2014

Endoscopy= Success!

This morning I had to be at the hospital at 7:30. I filled out some paperwork, paid my co-pay and they put on my hospital bracelets. I was then taken back to give a urine sample and then put into my room where I changed into a gown. They started an IV and I sat there and waited for about 35 min.


While I was sitting there I started thinking about this entire process and how long I have waited for it. Not once did I question my decision. And that is how I know this is the right decision for me.


Finally, around 8:35 a nurse came and wheeled me into the OR. She attached my blood pressure cuff, sprayed this AWEFULL tasting numbing spray into my mouth (which I gaged on), and then she added the sedative into my IV. They quickly instructed me turn onto my left side and within seconds I was out. I do, however, have one specific short and very fuzzy memory of gagging on the instrument as it went down my esophagus and I believe my doctor told me to swallow. Other than that the next thing I remember I was back in my recovery room waking up.


They found 3 benign ulcers so they did 3 biopsies. I should get the results back in 10 days. Overall, the procedure went well and I was home sleeping within 30 minutes. Other than a lot of grogginess and a little sore throat it wasn't bad.


I meet with the nutritionist and the shrink in two days....3 weeks till surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment