bckgrnd

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Nutritionist/Shrink appt= DONE!!

Today I met with the nutritionist and the psychiatrist. Everything went well, although I am still a little nervous that we haven't got the confirmation from my insurance yet. They seem to think I shouldn't have any problems because they are supposedly one of the easiest insurance companies to approve bariatric surgery for weight loss. (Fingers Crossed!!)


I started my pre-op diet today:
3-4 protein shakes, broth, tomato soup, s/f popsicles, s/f jello or pudding.


I just had my first shake. It wasn't bad. I added sugar free caramel syrup to it and it made the flavor better. They told me that they usually like to see a 10% weight loss before surgery, however, I only have 2 1/2 weeks to do it so I will be lucky to make half that!


I'm not a fan of shakes but with the syrup they really aren't bad. I haven't gagged yet :)
My next appointment is my Pre-op with my surgeon on Nov. 4th- less than 2 weeks away! OMG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment