bckgrnd

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pre-op diet day 4

Well, things are chugging along as far as my liquid diet goes. I have found ways to make the shakes a little more tolerable, but they still don't hit the spot. I usually exceed my daily calories by around 56, but the scale is going down. I typically have a shake for breakfast, some broth or tomato soup for lunch another before I go to work and my last shake around 10pm. I am getting about 90 grams of protein in a day so that's definitely good.


I hit an emotional period at the end of day two and part of day 3 where I just felt like I will never be able to have food again, which is not true. Since I am getting the sleeve surgery, not the gastric bypass I will still be able to eat any foods I want eventually but just in much smaller quantities, which is what I need. I just needed to do a quick update. I feel very tired and don't have much energy-just blah really, but I did notice today I don't feel as bloated. I cannot wait to be done with the pre-op diet- IT SUCKS!! But its necessary and this too shall pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment