bckgrnd

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 4...

I am starting to feel so much better. I've been eating many more fruits and veggies than I used to and I've reduced my carb and sugar intake drastically. My cravings for soda have pretty much disappeared and I am now actually craving water! Since I try to avoid "diet" soda like the plague due to the aspartame, I had been drinking regular soda, which is loaded with sugar. I have to admit though that I have not exercised once...sigh. That was NOT the plan. I have to stop making excuses! It's rainy out, I forgot, I have too much to do, I don't have time. All of those excuses are B.S.

I have been stressed, but deep down I know that working out will help with that. My dad has had a lot of health issues recently and last night I think it all finally caught up with me. I was a balling mess. Woke up this morning with puffy eyes and of course I don't like reaching out to people, so I did most of it while I was in the shower...alone. My husband is very supportive and nurturing when it comes to these things, but I've never been the one to show weakness. I'm the strong one. I'm the one that is there to support everyone else. But, I know that it's okay to bring my feelings to the surface once in awhile. I know it's okay to cry. But for whatever reason I don't like to show my weaknesses, even to my husband. I think for me, I've been holding it back because I refuse to believe that he's getting worse. I'm not ready to let go. Therefore, by crying about it I am in some way admitting that his health is really as bad as it is.

I've cried. I've asked for strength. And now I believe that things will improve for him. I can only hope that his health gets better.

It's time to break out Insanity. Let's go banana's yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment