bckgrnd

Monday, September 9, 2013

Inspire...

I was trying to think of a great post to write today, but I just couldn't think of much. Then I found this
I wanted to weigh myself this morning. It's a bad habit. I start eating healthy and trying to lose weight and I become a scale whore. Last week I told my husband to hide the scale. So he did. I spent a good fifteen minutes looking for it. In the closet, under the sink, I even got a chair out so I could stand on it and look on top of the cabinets. No luck.
 
Then it occurred to me that a scale isn't going to give me the feeling of being healthy. It isn't going to make my clothes fit looser, or make me fit into my favorite jeans that I haven't worn since before I got pregnant. The scale is also not going to show what an amazing job I did last week of eating a ton of fruits and veggies. Nope! The scale is going to show me one thing; a number. And I promised myself that I would not allow that number to deflect all of the good choices I've made.
 
I feel amazing and that's all I need.

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment on having your husband hide something from you and then spending time trying to find it. Hahaha! I have done the same thing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete