bckgrnd

Friday, November 14, 2014

4 days post op

I'm starting to feel somewhat normal again. The pain is nothing like I had imagined. I've had zero nausea, and the only pain I've had is around my largest incision. Every time I drink anything I get trapped air and that hurts like a mother. Hiccups are very uncomfortable but manageable. I just cannot wait till I can move on to pureed food; applesauce, cottage cheese, eggs! My mouth waters just thinking about it. 2 weeks to go...the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to appear. I cannot wait to be able to eat normal foods. Right now I can eat about 1/2 a jello cup and I'm stuffed. My sleeve holds about 2 oz right now. As the swelling goes down I'm sure it will hold a little more than that. I had a drain tube that left a gaping hole on the side of my stomach and that's gross to see. Its been covered with a bandage but I just changed it and it looks so gross. My muscles are very sore and it feels much like after I had my c-section. I remember everyday I felt better and better and just like this surgery every day I feel like I can do a little more than the day before. I weighed myself 2 days after surgery and I was up 4 pounds but I know that was from all the IV's. I weighed again this morning and I am back down 3. I wont weigh myself again until Monday which will be exactly one week post op. I can't believe a week has almost gone by. It's crazy!


It seems the weeks leading up to surgery went by at a snails pace and now the days fly by! My post op apt with my surgeon is in 2 weeks. so we'll see what the scale officially says.

No comments:

Post a Comment