bckgrnd

Saturday, November 29, 2014

19 days post op- Rough week!!!

 Well, my week started out on Monday waking up to intense nausea and fatigue. I started feeling better toward the end of the day so I went to work and powered through it. Tuesday wasn't much better. I almost went home early but I somehow managed to make it through my 10 hr. shift. I had the next 4 days off and Wednesday my husband wanted to go get a few things so we went to Target and within minutes I was trying everything I could not to pass out. I was lightheaded, nauseated, I was having heart palpitations and shortness of breath. It was awful. Thursday was thanks giving and I started feeling a little better but I was still sick to my stomach. I took my blood pressure a few times at home and it was REALLY low. Like, the lowest its ever been for me. I got up and tried making breakfast but I thought I was going to pass out again so I decided enough was enough and had my husband take me to the ER.


After blood tests, urine tests and an EKG they discovered I was really dehydrated. Everything else came back looking good, no anemia, which I had originally thought, So I was relieved to hear that. They pumped me full of fluids and within an hour I was up and walking around! I do feel better but my stomach has been all jacked since that episode. Nothing sounds good. Everything makes me gag-even popsicles. I was able to drink a tiny glass of milk this evening but I can't say that completely agreed with me.


My tastes are changing. I can tell. Things that I used to like before, I don't like anymore. I used to love the flavor of cherry and now I just can't stand it. Its both frustrating and weird.


Its days like these that I can't help but pray that this is all worth it and I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment