bckgrnd

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pre-op Diet Day 11

The days are going by, but very slowly. I am so over this liquid diet but I know I still have a very long way to go since for 2 weeks after surgery I will be on all liquids again. UGH! I am just so ready to get this over with. I meet with my surgeon in 2 days for my final pre-op appt. I weighed myself and I am down 9 pounds since starting. I would be lying if I said I haven't cheated, because I have. I am a hypocrite, I know, but I feel if I can't come clean on my own blog, then why have it? This has been the hardest thing I have ever done-mentally and emotionally.


I started thinking the other day that I really think there is more to this pre-op diet than just dropping weight and shrinking your liver. I think the main purpose of this diet is to identify your triggers and recognize your weak moments before you go through the surgery. Its an opportunity to give you a taste of what it will be like after surgery and give an opportunity to change your mind. Otherwise you wouldn't know how hard it really is until after your surgery and then its too late.


I only have 5 more days of work until surgery day....someone find the fast forward button!

No comments:

Post a Comment